Friday, April 11, 2008

On one of my recent visits to L.A. my buddy's dad gave me these old polycontrast filters for an enlarger. I wasn't sure what to do with them at first since I don't have an enlarger. I said what the hell and just stuck it front of my camera. Off camera SB-800 was used with tungsten gel to provide some correction on my dog Stella. The end result was a pretty striking image, all done in camera. It makes a beautiful black and white conversion as well. I used a #4 I believe. I was especially intrigued by the smoothing effect it had on her. I am gonna have to mess around with this a bit more. I have done other images shooting through a Red contrast filter but I like the color of the #4. I would like to see in further images if I can provide more color correction on my subject while keeping the background as is.

No comments: